BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

May 22, 2020

Friday 22nd May 2020 – Art@Home: Miro Inspired

Filed under: Art,Art Gallery @ 6:31 pm

What a positive response (from parents and children alike) there has been towards this latest Art@Home challenge! Thank you to those who have sent in their amazing pictures this week. It seems that bright, cheerful pictures were order of the week 🙂

The first works of art sent to me for this prompt were from Bella and Iona, with a garden theme, which was certainly a favoured theme of Miro’s!

Mum Emma even had a go, which is lovely!

The set of three definitely need to be framed now!

Also with a garden theme are Louie and Jacob C’s pictures, which both have really confident line-work:

Louie F
Jacob C

Mia F decided to do a reproduction of one of Miro’s paintings. She’s captured the shapes and colours beautifully:

Miro’s ‘Painting 1933’ by Mia F

Miro-esque shapes are also really recognisable in this fabulous picture by Finlay T. He has even featured his name, just like the great artist did on occasion:

Finlay T

Edo’s wonderful picture definitely classes as Surrealist. What can you see in it? I definitely think it is open to interpretation!

Finally, this afternoon I was sent this wonderful collaborative piece by sisters Rosie and Sophie, which they had a lot of fun creating. Well done girls, it is so detailed! (PS. apologies if this is not rotated the correct way: this is how it was sent, but again, with surrealist art in a way I guess it might not matter which way is up!)

My children did some doodling using the Roll-the-Dice shapes from the PowerPoint I shared – Euan incorporated them into portrait of our cat Miro and Lara practised drawing swirls and other shapes. Over half term we’re planning to develop these into finished paintings on canvas.

I’ve also been wondering if anyone took part in yesterday’s World Record attempt with Rob Biddulph in the end? It still has to be officially ajudicated, but safe to say he smashed it out of the park with over 40,000 people drawing along with him (well way more than that, obviously: 3 of us were following in our house for example!). My two enjoyed it, but were a bit frustrated that this time he didn’t say what they were drawing straight away! If you send me your pictures, I’ll pop them here on the blog and the Jotter gallery after half term. Here are ours (I had to be sneaky photographing Euan’s!):

If you do any arts or crafts next week that you are proud of, please do send them my way and I’ll feature them on the blog after half term. If you are looking for some starting points, I can highly recommend these websites:
https://theprimaryartclass.com/blog/ (some lovely home-based art prompts)
ww.tate.org.uk/kids (includes the Tait Art app for creating and uploading digital artwork)
https://www.darrellwakelam.com/downloads (3D art projects from junk in your recycling bin)
… and of course http://www.robbiddulph.com/draw-with-rob for short drawing lessons needing nothing more than a pencil and colouring pencils.

After half term, I will continue to publish weekly Art@Home challenges on the blog on Mondays and will be posting ALL arty/crafty photos I have received on Wednesdays (there will no longer be a Friday Art blog).

Have a great half term! Lets hope for lots more sunshine…

Keep smiling,

Mrs Milne

No Comments »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI