BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

May 20, 2020

Wednesday 20th May 2020 – Pop Up Worldclass Fayre:

Filed under: Whole School @ 10:32 am

Freya C, Jacob C, Jessica N and Eliza C have decided to plan and hold their own mini Worldclass Fayre on Saturday 23rd May to try and raise some funds for the Yumdum school in Gambia. 

They will each have a stall outside the front of their houses with a honesty box asking for donations for the items they have made (so no social distancing rules will be broken!)

They have all been working hard to make as many items as they can.

Stalls will be on Hoe Rd (next to the cemetery turning, the house with the large bear out the front you can’t miss him!), on Little Shore Lane (next to the turning to Jubilee Hall carpark) and on Victoria Road (approx half way up on the right hand side)

The children have several homemade items (including facemasks which they hope people might find useful) and a few plants.  

RESPONSE FROM MRS MARS WHEN SHE FOUND OUT WHAT THE CHILDREN ARE ORGANISING:

‘Freya, Jacob, Jessica and Eliza are absolute stars in every possible way and I’M incredibly proud of them.  They are all amazing Worldclass councillors and to have arranged such a magnificent sale leaves me speechless.

To have four of our BWJS children planning, making and organising a mini Worldclass Fayre truly makes me very happy. Freya has kindly been emailing me with all the updates of what they’ve been planning and I’m delighted we have a poster that I am sure, Mr.Campbell will proudly display, maybe on facebook or parentmail.  

I will email their beautiful poster to  Mr.Badjan at Yundum Barracks Lower Basic School, I know he will be delighted. Not only are your children a wonderful credit to you but they are a tremendous credit to Worldclass and our fantastic school.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, please tell Freya, Jacob, Jessica and Eliza that I’m mega proud of each of them.

Kind regards to you all,

Mrs. Mars’

No Comments »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI