BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

April 24, 2020

Friday 24th April – Tamarind class blog

Filed under: Home Learning Activities,Year 5 @ 11:41 am

Tamarind have had another busy few days and I have loved reading their emails and looking at their beautiful photographs – excellent home learning skills on display!

It was Poppy Ch’s 10th birthday on Wednesday and Mrs Taylor made her an epic birthday cake! Poppy said it was a strange birthday this year but her neighbours came out and sang her ‘Happy Birthday’ whilst she was in the front garden which sounds really special:

Esme has been hard at work with her Home Learning – she sent through some English and Guided Reading work and has also been creating wordsearches and doodling!:

Jacob has been busy practising his map skills (Year 5 geography task) and he also had a go at Mrs Arnold’s Science task which he said smelt horrible!:

Eva sent me these beautiful sketches she has been working on at home. I love the detail in each sketch:

Finn has clearly been having lots of fun in his pool at home – although it was a little cold when he first got in so he had to wait for the sun to warm it up!:

Riley has continued with his walks and visited his grandparents garden this week and had a conversation with them from the garden fence. He also fed the ducks and was brave enough to allow the ducks to feed from his hand. Riley has also been out in his garden during the evenings to look at the stars and planets and he counted 41 satellites going over his house:

Poppy Cr has been busy with her vocabulary work this week:

When her mum emailed me this picture, she also told me that Poppy has 3 rules at her home school – concentrate, take your time and check your work. Great advice!

Book recommendations – Finn is reading and really enjoying ‘Slime’ by David Walliams. He says that it is really relatable if anyone has mean siblings and it has a moral at the end. Jacob recommends any of the Tom Gates books and The Explorer by Katherine Rundell. Ethan has been busy reading The Shapeshifter collection by Ali Sparkes which he highly recommends!

I’ve already got some lovely photographs for our class blog for Monday so with the weather set to be beautiful this weekend, I’m sure there’ll be lots more to come!

Take care and stay safe,

Miss P x

No Comments »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI