BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

April 20, 2020

Monday 20th April 2020 – Tamarind class blog

Filed under: Home Learning Activities,Year 5 @ 11:50 am

Good morning to you all! It feels very strange not being at school for the start of the summer term with Tamarind. It’s one of my favourite terms at school because of the warmer weather which means we get to go outside more, take part in lots of sports days and sports tournaments and our year group trip to Marwell Zoo.

Thank you so much for the beautiful emails and photographs you sent me over the Easter holidays. I have decided to split these between today’s blog and Wednesday’s as you’ve all been so busy there’s lots to show! So keep your eyes peeled and I promise your picture will be there 🙂

• Jennifer has been busy baking a Victoria sponge (which looks immense!), creating a spring menu for her cafe and completing some research about the super moon
  • Riley took part in a scavenger hunt to find his Easter eggs, enjoyed hot cross buns on Easter Sunday (so did I – I’d forgotten how good they are!) and played in the pool with his brother
  • Jacob has been busy creating a family tree, researching rivers for our Geography topic, making a den and playing lots of games
  • Eva has been taking part in Joe Wicks and cycling or walking everyday, she has learnt how to felt and created an Easter bunny
  • Poppy Cr has been busy creating under the sea creatures
  • Oliver has been helping to tidy his garden, complete 3 puzzles, bake cakes and play card games with his family
  • Esme painted some salt dough Easter eggs and made Easter bunting and as well as some Easter eggs, she got an Easter pack which had bunny ears, a colouring book, a diary and a wooden egg to paint. She has enjoyed playing on the trampoline with her sisters
  • Eliza has enjoyed sewing, creating lego models, bike rides to the bluebell woods and star gazing
  • Travis made a bubble blower and took part in an Easter egg hunt with his brother. He has enjoyed spending time with his cat, Elmo.
  • Poppy Ch has made a birdhouse and painted rocks to make a noughts and crosses board out of old wood slices

Thank you so much, Tamarind – these are fantastic pictures and you have certainly been enjoying yourselves! I shall upload the rest on Wednesday and hopefully Jessica’s chicken will have laid its first egg by then!

Take care, Miss P x

No Comments »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI