BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

April 20, 2020

Monday 20th April 2020 – Birch Class update

Filed under: Whole School @ 4:16 pm

Hi everyone. Welcome back to the summer term, such as it is. I hope you’ve had a great Easter, and you’ve been able to make the most of the weather we’ve had.

It’s been lovely to have some updates from the members of Birch Class over the holiday, and great to see so many people active in the google classroom today. We’ve posted some home learning tasks for you to do this week, but don’t forget there’s loads of other resources out there if you want to do more. Lots of things can be found on the main home learning page of the website (https://www.bwjunior.hants.sch.uk/home-learning). The BBC have started a daily bitesize programme for each year group as well – video clips and supporting activities which you might find fun. Why not give it a look? You might choose to do some bits of it.

Delilah and Dylan have done some of the home learning work from before Easter over the break. Dylan sent me a picture of his maths weighing…

… and Delilah has sent me some of her English work, along with a book recommendation from her reading: ‘Jinxed’ by Amy McCulloch.

Sam has also been reading over the holidays, and has worked his way through a pretty substantial pile of books. If you’re in Year 6, I’m sure he’d be happy to tell you about them if you email him!

Mite has already started his work for this week – his geography and English work appeared in my Drive folder within an hour of being published!

Emily has been developing her origami skills over the Easter break. Here are some of her creations.

I’ve spent my Easter reading using my Kindle to read some classic books, playing the guitar, building the big Simpsons jigsaw from early bird club, playing ‘Lego Marvel Superheroes 2’ on the Switch, painting the shed, watching lots of Disney+ and tidying the garden. I also found time to do some recording for the 60ft Chicken YouTube channel: you can click on the link as long as you’re kind…

No Comments »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI