BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

April 3, 2020

Friday 3rd April – Art@Home Junk Models

Filed under: Art,Art Gallery,Whole School @ 4:00 pm

Hey hey, it’s Friday! I’ve been bowled over this week with all of your fabulous junk model creations!  Thank you so much for sharing them with me. 

Lots of Year 3 children really rose to the challenge of creating their own version of the Iron Man and there is real range of styles and sizes. Make sure you take a look through the photos below, Year 3! Maybe you could comment on the blog saying which your favourite is and why.  I particularly love the facial expressions on some of them – they look like they have real personality! If you haven’t had the chance yet to make an Iron Man and would like to, perhaps this is something you could make over Easter? I am still happy to receive your photos.

Children from other year groups obviously enjoyed re-creating an Iron Man at home/school also:

I’ve been really impressed with everyone’s resourcefulness in making good use of the materials available to you.  Freya and Jacob’s Rodney the Rooster was made out of excess plastic bags that they had in their house! 

Some of you have befriended your new creations!  Loki had fun taking Melvin the Crab for an adventure around their farm and Edo is planning on building some Lego creations with his new Iron Man friend!  Junk model ‘pets’ don’t have to be large though – I love the little tortoise and caterpillar that Hollie fashioned out of an egg carton. 

We had a go at junk modelling here too.  Please don’t judge my evil cat… his whiskers and eyes kept falling off…I’m sure I wasn’t the only one experiencing that problem?!

That’s it from me.  Please head to the School Jotter if you’re interested in seeing more of the photos that I have been sent – there are lots of process pictures on there too.  Keep on sending me any other Isolation Creations that you are proud of – I’m gathering them all together ready to share on Wednesday.  Don’t forget, a new Art@Home Challenge will be issued on Monday: to make an Easter garland.  Who’s up for it?

Happy creating!

Mrs Milne

No Comments »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI