BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

April 1, 2020

Wednesday 1st April – Birch Class Update

Filed under: Year 6 @ 4:46 pm

Good afternoon from all of us in Birch Class!

It feels like we’re settling into more of a routine now, doesn’t it? Many thanks, Birch Class, for the emails you’ve sent, for the comments you’ve left on Google Classroom, and for the photos that have appeared in my inbox.

You’ve sent me various recommendations for films and books you’ve enjoyed over the last few days: Dylan recommends ‘The Dangerous Book For Boys’, and Zara recommends ‘The Longest Night of Charlie Noon’. Lots of you seem to be watching a lot of Disney – perhaps you’ve all signed up Disney +?

Jacob and Archie have certainly found time to do some of their home learning – SPAG, in Jacob’s case, and a rewrite of part of Ali Sparkes’ ‘Night Speakers’ from Archie.

Delilah has been very productive. Not only has she made a timetable for the week, she’s also managed to combine some history with some science and create some craft – I assume she’s working on a golden snitch?

Sam has spent a lot of his lockdown time reading – he’s sent me a picture of the books he’s enjoyed. You might be able to download these if you have an e-reader, or order them online if you’re running out of things to do? I’m sure you could email him to ask him more about them if you were interested.

Finally (for today), Sophie has been using her time at home to work on her guitar skills. She’s been practicing the songs she’s learned with her teacher as well as working out some Billie Eilish songs on her own.

It’s great to hear about all the things you’ve been up to. Please keep your emails and pictures coming – I’ll share some more of them next week.

In the meantime, I hope you’re enjoying the Harry Potter readthrough on bwjsapps – that’s what’s keeping me busy…

No Comments »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI