BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

September 25, 2019

Tuesday 24th September 2019 – Year 5 at Milestones Museum

Filed under: History,Subject Stories,Year 5 @ 8:59 pm

Year 5 had a great trip to Milestones Museum to really immerse themselves in their World War II topic. The children looked fantastic in their evacuee costumes and the staff and members of the public were really impressed with the effort they made. The children learnt more about the Blitz and got to experience going to an Anderson shelter during an air raid as well as identifying enemy planes. They also learnt about rationing and they types of food available during the war. Their final workshop looked at first aid and the children learnt how to put a sling on an injured civilian! Finally, they got to look around the museum – a particular highlight was the penny arcade where they learnt more about the types of games and entertainment from yesteryear.

Year 5 behaved so well and we had lovely comments about all the children from the members of the public. Well done!

2 Comments »

1. I remember this it was super fun 🙂

hollie — October 18, 2019 @ 1:46 pm

2. I remember this so well and I loved it! Since learning about the war I have been obsessed with books about it! I really miss year five 😉

Bess — October 18, 2019 @ 2:36 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI