BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

June 13, 2019

Thursday 13th June 2019 – Worldclass Fayre 2019:

Filed under: Whole School,Worldclass @ 12:18 pm

On Monday 11th and Tuesday 12th June, BWJS hosted its annual Worldclass Fayre.

77 members of the Worldclass Club had organised stalls and competitions in a bid to raise money to support the PAGEANT charity – enabling children in The Gambia to access full-time education. Despite the wet weather, pupils/parents and community members supported (and really enjoyed!) the event and managed to raise a STAGGERING £812.54. Truly amazing.

Mrs Mars has already spoken with Mr. Badjan (Headteacher at Yundum Lower Basic School – The Gambia) in order to give him the good news and he asked her to pass on his deepest thanks for holding the fayre and for raising so much money.

Thank you to everyone who supported the event, to the worldclass members for running the stalls and to Mrs Mars for her dedication and commitment to such a worthwhile charity and valued school club.

1 Comment »

1. I have only just seen this page…thank you so much, Worldclass, on behalf of everyone at Pageant. Your annual Worldclass Fayre goes from strength to strength and I hope to be able to join you all at the 2020 event. I expect to visit Mr Badjan and his school in November and will report back to you in December. I hope you all have a wonderful summer holiday…you deserve it!

Pippa, Pageant — July 30, 2019 @ 10:02 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI