BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

July 9, 2017

Gathering of the Goblins: Goodwood Races 9/7/17

Filed under: Car Club @ 9:45 pm

Wow… what a fantastic day’s racing we had today.  The weather was perfect, the events were awesome, the children’s behaviour and manners were impeccable and we won two awards!!!

Please view the photos below to gain a flavour of what racing Goblins at Goodwood involves.

We are absolutely delighted to have won the award for Best Bodywork for the second year in a row!  Competition was very tough this year and the reason that our Unique-Horn car won this award was that the girls could clearly describe how it was built and what materials were used, demonstrating that it genuinely was their own creation.

In addition, the boys team came third in the Pit Stop Challenge event where they had to change all the wheels on the car in the fastest time possible.

I am so very proud of all our BWJS students today.  Huge congratulations to all of you.

Thank you very much for the amazing support of our parents which included transporting our cars to and from the track, supporting the drivers, providing water, sun screen and food and importantly funding our project through the PTA.

A great big thank you also goes to Mr Peter Neale for his weekly support (coming all the way from the New Forest) without whom Car Club would not be possible.

I am sure that memories from today will remain a life-time!

P.S. I have hundreds of photographs!  If you let me have a memory stick I can copy them for you.

Mrs Bradley

No Comments »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI