BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

February 1, 2016

Friday 29th January 2016 – BWJS Young Voices Choir

Filed under: Whole School @ 11:08 am

On Thursday 28th January, 38 pupils from Bishop’s Waltham Junior School travelled to the O2 to perform as part of the Young voices Choir. The school choir have been learning set pop & gospel songs and associated dance actions since the beginning of the autumn term and yesterday they got to perform these part of a 7000 strong pupil choir.

The venue and event was completely awe inspiring and will be an experience that the pupils will never forget. The pupils sang their hearts out and took great delight in being able to recognise the section of the crowd where their parents were sat supporting.

Thank you very much to all the parents that were able to travel down to London to be part of this memorable event and to Mrs Glasspool – for her time, dedication and planning that she put into making this experience possible.

Some messages from parents:

‘Please can you pass on my thanks to Mrs Glasspool and all involved with the young voices choir? It really was a night to remember and something that I am sure that myself and Zoe will remember for years to come. So big thanks for giving us both this fantastic opportunity to be involved in such a great event. Well done BWJS.’

‘Dear Mr Campbell, Mrs Daniels, Mrs Glasspool and all the other staff involved in yesterday’s epic trip!
Wow, what a night! I can only imagine how you and the kids felt, I was only in the audience but couldn’t stop smiling – although our smiles were nothing compared to the smiles on the children faces (very glad we took binoculars!!) Thank you for providing such an opportunity for the kids by signing up to Young Voices 2016. I have yet to hear the stories but I am sure there are many. Yesterday will provide lasting memories which they will treasure for ever. I am sure you are all exhausted but hopefully you all enjoyed it too? Thank you for putting the time and effort into the experience, which taught the children so much more than a classroom can offer. The easy route would have been to say ‘that’s too hard to organise’ but the fact that you chose not to take that route is credit to you all.’

No Comments »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI