BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

May 11, 2013

Tuesday 7th May 2013 – Gymnastics Competition, Hamble

Filed under: English,PE @ 8:12 pm

On Tuesday, Harrison and Chloe (Year 3) took part in the second round of the Gymnastics Competition after being successfully selected from the first round in March. The competition took place at Hamble Gymnasium, which had fantastic facilities and made the occasion even more special.

Both children had 3 routines to learn – 2 floor routines incorporating different skills such as forward and backward rolls, cartwheel, splits and skipping and a vault routine which required 2 jumps on different vaults.

There were 25 children at the competition from a variety of different schools in the area, being watched very closely by 3 coaches. The children were hoping to be one of the lucky 12 children to be selected for the District Gymnastics team who would go on to compete at the County Games in Aldershot in June.

It was a fantastic morning of gymnastics, and as always, both Harrison and Chloe tried their best at all times and were brilliantly behaved. Even more exciting, we found out that Harrison was one of 6 boys to be selected for the District Team taking part in the County Games and Chloe has been selected as the reserve gymnast for the girls team. A fantastic achievement and both should feel very proud of themselves.

Hamble Gymnasticsslideshow

2 Comments »

1. Well done harrison and Chloe! I remember going there for my birthday when I turned 7! It’s great fun! Were the routines hard? I bet you were BRILLIANT!

Amy — May 17, 2013 @ 3:25 pm

2. i went there for my freinds party !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3

Maddie — May 24, 2013 @ 3:31 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI