BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

March 7, 2013

Thursday 7th March 2013 – Worldclass Update

Filed under: Worldclass @ 2:57 pm

This week has been an extremely exciting time for members of Worldclass.  We have just received a batch of letters and beautiful card from our new link school in The Gambia, Banyaka Lower Basic School.  The letters written to the children in our school are of a very high standard and full of interesting facts.

I have also received letters from the Headmaster and Deputy Headmaster full of interesting information about their school and life in The Gambia.  I will put all of this information on our website in a few days after I have shared it with all of Worldclass children.

Just a little reminder that our 6th Worldclass Fayre will be held on 20th and 21st May to raise money for the sponsorship of Isatou, Assan, Pahali and Binta.

Ian and Pippa of PAGEANT have very kindly agreed to come and support the Worldclass Fayre on Monday 20th. During their visit they will set up a mini Gambia market where people can purchase locally made Gambian products.  We have held this market before and it proved a total success, enabling Bishops Waltham Junior school to support PAGEANT during the Worldclass Fayre. I am very grateful to Pippa and Ian for driving from Horsham on May 20th.   Worldclass children are very excited to see them again.

???????????????????????????????

2 Comments »

1. I read some of the letters today and they really are great. I was impressed by what the children had written and also by some lovely handwriting. The information sent by the teachers about their school and the area was also was also very interesting.

Mrs Brown — March 7, 2013 @ 6:09 pm

2. We are really looking forward to seeing all the Worldclass children on 20th May – it seems a long timw since we visited you. I will be going to The Gambia once more before that date, so I am going to do my best to find some exciting things for our Gambian mini-market stall. Let’s hope we have some Gambian sunshine for the day as well….

Pippa — March 10, 2013 @ 1:42 am

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI