BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

March 7, 2013

Thursday 7th March 2013 – Gymnatics Masterclass

Filed under: English,PE,School Trips & Visits,Year 4 @ 12:48 pm

This morning, 4 children from Years 3 and 4 took part in a Gymnastics Masterclass at Swanmore College.  They were coached by Adam who is from Dynamo Gymnastics and they practised lots of skills and shapes, incorporating them into a routine – read the following blog posts to see what they did!

GYMNASTICS

This morning Josie, Chloe, Jess and I warmed up by stretching.  Then we did a straddle and a tuck shape, a pike and front/back support. The forward and the backward rolls were the easiest.

By Harrison

First I did the warm up.  We did a lot of stretching and shapes and I did it with Jessica, Chloe and Harrison. Then we started doing the arch and dish also the splits (that was really hard). After that we started doing the routine.  First we skipped with an imaginary skipping rope.  Then we did the front and back support.  Then we did a few other things like pike, tuck and straddle and after a few other shapes we had a drink and finished.

By Josie

Gymnastics

Me, Jess, Josie and Harrison went to a gymnastic sport place at Swanmore collEge. The first thing we did was the warmups. I liked what we did! At the end I was worn out. Jess and I were next to each other on the mats. but at the end we had to sharea mat but I didn’t min if Jess went with me. We did lots of stretching!

by Chloe

Gymnastics

Chloe, Josie, Harrison and I went to a Gymnastics Sport place at Swanmore  College. The first thing we did was warm-ups. They made it really FUN! Then we did stretching and jumping. My favourite jump was the tuck. Then we did the routine. It had lost of lying on the floor. Then we did a couple of jumps and then we had to go back to school.

By Jess

No Comments »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI