BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

February 5, 2013

Tuesday 5th February 2012 – Worldclass News

Filed under: Worldclass @ 10:50 am

I am delighted to announce that we now have a new Gambian school link with Banyaka Lower Basic school which is located in Serrekunda.  This new link is in addition to Abuko Lower Basic School that we have proudly held since September 2005.

I am extremely happy and excited with forming a new friendship with this school and I strongly believe that our children and the Gambian children have so much to learn about our different cultures and our very different lives.  PAGEANT very kindly put us in touch with Banyaka LBS having known them for some time.  I am already in regular contact with Mr Jerreh Manneh the Deputy Head and he has been appointed by the Headmaster Mr Saikou Ndong to be the co-ordinator of our link.  He is very enthusiastic, like myself, and keen to share our different cultures and for all the children to appreciate each other and form lasting friendships.  I look forward to working with Jerreh in a very positive manner.

Pippa has very kindly offered to take our first batch of letters out to Banyaka on 11th February and all our Worldclass children will now patiently await hearing from their new penfriends.

The triplets, Isatou, Pahali and Assan that we sponsor at Abuko L.B.S. are once again doing very well at school and I look forward to hearing from them on Pippa’s return from Gambia.   Our next Worldclass Fayre to raise money for this years sponsorship will be Monday 20th and Tuesday 21st of May.

2 Comments »

1. I am really pleased to see that Worldclass continues to go from strength to strength. I look forward to hearing news from the new school.

Anne Brown — February 7, 2013 @ 7:50 pm

2. I was the Head of a school in Wigan England who has supported Banyaka school for over 5 years- I was in regular contact with Jerreh the Deputy but having sent him several e mails he still hasn’t replied. This is very strange as he usually replies straight away. I was just wondering if you could provide the e mail address of the school itself so that I can try to contact him that way. I ‘ m just worried that something has happened to him.

I’d be very grateful for any help you could offer.
    Regards
    Gill Fisher

Gill Fisher — January 27, 2015 @ 6:26 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI