BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

July 6, 2012

Friday 6th July 2012 – Celebration Assembly

Filed under: Whole School @ 2:44 pm

Mrs Daniels started our special Celebration Assembly this morning by welcoming all our visitors.

Team Merit certificates were awarded to Alice and Jake (50), Joseph, Luke and Abbie (100), Amy (200) and Richard H (150).

Mrs Zillwood then introduced Megan, Victoria, Maisie, Lucy, Abbie, Natalie, Olivia, and Megan who beautifully played their recorders.  Music Certificates awarded to Elizabeth (trombone), Briony and Sophie (flute).

Karate certificates were awarded to Eva, Isaac and Amy. Kian proudly showed his Taekwondo medal and certificate.  Swimming certificates were awarded to Izzy, Robert, Abbie, Sophie, Bea, Fergus, Hollie, Leah, Jamie, Alex, Millie, Lauren, Ben, Tim, Amy, Jacob, Amy and Jake.

Value awards were presented to Maddie (Gingko), Caitlyn (Jackalberry) (cup winner), Nathan (Cedar), Katie (Redwood), Skye (Tamarind), Leo (Eucalyptus), Annalise (Hawthorn) and Caitlyn (Maple).

Freddie was then chosen as the winner of the Olympic ticket from a container full of children’s names.

This week’s Team Merit results were: 1st – Tigers, 2nd – Pumas, 3rd – Lions and 4th – Leopards

Mr Sinclair came into our celebration assembly to present the shield for the Hidden Hero of 2012.  Before he presented the award, he told all the children about FOBS and why we have the Ridgemede Trophy. Our Hidden Hero for 2012 is Edward from Tamarind Class. His proud parents and brother, Oscar, attended the presentation. Well done Edward, you certainly deserve this award.

Edward’s remarks on the award.

“I knew I had been nominated and I was very excited leading up to today. I was really, really happy going to get the shield, the mini shield and the certificate.  I felt proud of myself for being the 2012 Hidden Hero.”

2 Comments »

1. Congratulations Edward, you truly deserve to be the ‘Hidden Hero’ at BWJS

Mrs Brown — July 6, 2012 @ 3:58 pm

2. You certainly deserved the award Edward and I am so very proud of you. Well done from Mrs. Mars

Mrs.Mars — July 6, 2012 @ 4:06 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI