BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

June 1, 2012

Wednesday 30th May 2012 – Traditional Sports morning

Filed under: PE,Whole School @ 12:31 pm

On Wednesday morning the whole school moved out onto the field for our traditional sport morning. In the last few weeks all of the classes have been doing athletics in their PE lessons and had chosen 8 boys and 8 girls for each of the events, which varied according to the different year groups. The purpose of the run offs on Wednesday was to choose those children who will represent our school at the district sports event on Thursday 14th June. This year we are hosting this event, where all the schools in our area will join us for a morning, competing against each other in each of the events. Miss Pearmain did an excellent job organising the run offs and nearly half the school took part in at least one of the events. The competitors were cheered on by the rest of the children, staff and many parents who came along to support. It was a great morning and the children all showed excellent sportsmanship, whether competing or not. There were many very close races which made for a very entertaining and exciting morning. Many thanks to the parents who helped with ‘placing’ the children at the end of each race, the year 6 children who set up and cleared away the equipment so efficiently, the staff for helping to make the event run so smoothly and Miss Pearmain for her excellent organisation.

3 Comments »

1. That look’s fun. Is that like your athletics day ?.

Jacob H — June 26, 2012 @ 3:17 am

2. Hi i am Aidan and i go to smwodonga and I really like your blog and I really like your videos.

aidan — June 26, 2012 @ 3:25 am

3. Hi I am Zoe,
    I am from St. Monica’s school in Australia. I love your post about the sports morning. Over here in Australia it is really wet, muddy and cold so we wouldn’t be able to do that. Looking at the photos it looks like you all had a lot of fun. Keep up the good athleticism.

From Zoe

Zoe — June 26, 2012 @ 3:27 am

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI