BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

May 8, 2012

Tuesday 8th May – The Swimming Pool Re-Opens!

After a long wait, the swimming pool at BWJS opened again today, and Year Six took took to the waters for their first session.

The pool will have its public grand re-opening soon.  In the meantime, here are some pictures to illustrate the work which has been done.

29 Comments »

1. I loved going in the pool today, I bet the next year group will too.

Oakley C — May 8, 2012 @ 7:06 pm

2. We went t look at the pool with are class and it was amazing the changing rooms are amazing and they are bigger.

Thankyou Mrs cooper you did a great job

Tamarind class will be looking forward to going in the swimming pool on monday.

Daisy — May 11, 2012 @ 11:41 am

3. Hello

We are from Lingwood Primary School. Our names are Emily and Care. We really enjoyed reading your post. The pool looked great. Did you enjoy swimming? We are really looking for ward to start blogging with you.

Emily & Care — May 11, 2012 @ 11:45 am

4. hi this is lingwood, it look’s like a lovely swimming pool it also look’s really big.

Anna And Tyler — May 11, 2012 @ 11:45 am

5. Hi from Lingwood Primary School. Georgia and Adam here. The pool sounds epic. The pictures look cool as well. Love to hear from you on our blog.

Georgia and Adam — May 11, 2012 @ 11:48 am

6. Hello we are from Lingwood.It looks like you have a very nice swimming pool to go to!We wish we had a nice pool like yours!

From Joely and Ben (Lingwood Primary school).

Ben and Joely — May 11, 2012 @ 11:49 am

7. Hello we are Katie and Ashling. We are from Lingwood Primary School.It looks like you like swimming.The pool looks clean and the changing rooms look tidy.
    From Katie and Ashling

Katie and Ashling — May 11, 2012 @ 11:51 am

8. The pool looks great.It must be a shame that it was closed. We had to wait a while for Yr 5
    to go swimming here in Lingwood. But finally we’ve finished. We had it at Thorpe. Where did you have your lessons while it was closed? Good luck year six. We can’t wait to see your comments.

Codie and Connor (Lingwood Primary)

Codie & Connor — May 11, 2012 @ 11:53 am

9. Hi.What a school you are at we would like to be at your school it looks like lots of fun!
    From Rhys and Charlotte.

Charlotte and Rhys — May 11, 2012 @ 11:55 am

10. Hello we’re from Lingwood. We like the pictures of the swimming pool. We Hope you had a good time in the pool. We really like the

Rebecca and Robbie — May 11, 2012 @ 11:55 am

11. Nice pool we go swimming in our duck pond you must be jelous.

Tyler and Anna — May 11, 2012 @ 11:57 am

12. Nice pool we would have to go swimming in our duck pond you must be jelous?

Tyler and Anna — May 11, 2012 @ 12:05 pm

13. Hello we’re from Lingwood. We really like the pictures of the swimming pool. We hope you had fun in the pool. We really like the actual swimming pool pictures.
    From Rebecca and Robbie

Rebecca and Robbie — May 11, 2012 @ 12:10 pm

14. The pool was great.Year 6 can`t wait to go again. Hello Lingwood I hope you will still blog with us
    BWJS

From Kieran

Kieran — May 12, 2012 @ 5:38 pm

15. You guys must be so lucky to have a swimming pool. in Australia we don’t have pools in our school… Jealous.

Lachy — May 14, 2012 @ 5:39 am

16. Hi from Andrew at St Monica’s school. It looks like quite a nice pool from just looking at the photos. I wish we had a pool…

Andrew — May 14, 2012 @ 5:40 am

17. Hi Bishops Waltham Junior School,
    Your school is so lucky to be able to have a pool in your school. The pool also looks really big. I bet that you enjoy swimming whilst you are at school! At our school we don’t have a pool but all of our year 5/6 students have our own laptop.
    Stay afloat
    Emma.

Emma — May 14, 2012 @ 5:40 am

18. Hello I am from St Monica’s in Australia,
    I love how you have a pool. We don’t have a pool at our school. I wish we had a pool… It would be very exciting for me to be at a school with a pool.

Samuel — May 14, 2012 @ 5:43 am

19. Hello. I’m Chelsea from St. Monica’s Primary school.
    The pool looks great! I hope the opening was good and I hope you had a good time! Does the pool belong to your school, or is it just near your school? If the pool does belong to your school that would be awesome! I wish our school had a pool. I really like your blog its got good information about the school! Our school has a new learning centre. There are 5 homebase rooms where we meet in the morning with our teacher and then go and spread around the learning area to do tasks that need to be completed. There is the red room, blue room, orange room, there’s a fish bowl, and a presentation room. They are their home bases. There’s some other rooms where we can move around to which is the mini presentation room and the break out room, but don’t let me forget the teachers area and the kitchen. Sometimes we will cook in the kitchen which is really cool because we can cook with our friends!
    From Chelsea..

Chelsea — May 14, 2012 @ 5:44 am

20. Hi Bishop’s Waltham Primary School,

I am from St. Monica’s Primary School in Australia and it is our turn to post on another school’s blog. I am just leaving a comment to say how lucky you are to have a swimming pool at your school. Your pool looks so big in the pictures. I wish we had a pool at our school. At our school though, we have our own laptops that we lease out for 2 years.
    Have fun in your pool and stay afloat.

From Julia St Monica’s Primary School Year 6

Julia — May 14, 2012 @ 5:45 am

21. Hi,I am Brooke from St.Monicas Primary school,
    You are very lucky to have a pool at your school.It looks like it’s a big pool.It feels funny because you are talking about going swimming and we are sitting around fires and warm things because we are going into winter in Australia.I hope that you have lots of fun in your pool.What type of things do you do in the pool.I am just wondering do you have school camps because we just got back from a school camp.
    At St.Monicas we have a new leaning centre .We can move around the spaces.We will have to put some photo’s up so you people can see what I am talking about.

From Brooke.

Brooke — May 14, 2012 @ 5:46 am

22. Hello Bishop’s Waltham junior school

I’m so jealous of you guys because you get a pool. I wish we had a pool but we wouldn’t use it much because we are heading into winter over here in Australia.

Your pool looks very fun and I bet your year six children had heaps of fun at their first session in the pool.

Hope you guys love your pool

Damon — May 14, 2012 @ 5:47 am

23. Hello I’m from St Monica’s school.I love the pictures of the pool. It must be a great pool. We are in winter so no pool for me 🙁 .

From Mitchell

Mitchell — May 14, 2012 @ 5:50 am

24. Hello I am Joel.

Wow!! I am so jealous! You guys get a pool? I wish we got a pool at our school.

Anyway I really hope you guys are safe in and around the pool. Have fun in the water and look out for each other!

I wish it was warm enough over this side of the world to go swimming, but we’re going into winter. So Cold…

Joel — May 14, 2012 @ 5:51 am

25. Hi I’m Leticia from St. Monica’s Primary School

The pool looks great! The year 6 students must be very lucky! The pictures you took are really good photos. At our school the 5/6 students work in a Learning Centre. The rooms are the: Red Room, Orange Room, Blue Room, Fishbowl and the Presentation Room. These are our homebase’s.
    During the day we are allowed to move around to these areas and we are also allowed to go to the White Room, Mini Presentation, Kitchen and the two Meeting Rooms. The Learning Centre is awesome. If there is a task that we need to do about cooking we are allowed to cook in the Kitchen but under a watchful eye of one of our teachers. When we get to move around for the whole day and get to plan out our day we go to Seminars. The seminars are about: Religion, Literacy including Spelling, Reading and Writing seminars. We also have Maths and Inquiry Seminars too!

From Leticia

Leticia — May 14, 2012 @ 5:52 am

26. My name is lachlan from St.Monicas in Australia… and i am really jealous.

You guys must be so lucky to have a pool at your school. I wish we had one.

Lachlan — May 14, 2012 @ 5:53 am

27. Hi Bishops Waltham school,
    It must be pretty good how your school has a swimming pool I wish our school had a swimming pool. Any way we couldn’t go swimming now because we are heading into Winter so it would be way too cold for us. Our school is called St. Monica’s Primary School and we are in Australia. At our school we have a Learning Centre which is a really big area that all of the grade 5 6 s learn in. In the Learning Centre we have couches we have a red couch, orange and blue couch. The name of the area that our class is in is called the Presentation room. The Presentation room has a big projector so it is great for presenting things to the class. I hope your swimming pool goes really well.

From Zoe

Zoe — May 14, 2012 @ 6:00 am

28. Hello! Your swimming pool looks nice. Hope you have fun in it. Hope you have nice swimming times and I will be commenting on your blog so keep up the good posts.
    From Sy

Sy — May 14, 2012 @ 6:00 am

29. There are a lot of comments so I added one but I hope It went well

Victoria — October 1, 2012 @ 9:30 am

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI