BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

March 8, 2012

Thursday 8th March 2012 – Green Goblin Car Club 2012

Filed under: Car Club @ 3:49 pm

Having recently taken delivery of the new Green Goblin car kit, Mrs Hope and Mrs Peach were finally able to make a start on this year’s car building project with a group of year 5 & 6 children.

On Saturday 3rd March 2012 they were joined by several knowledgeable and enthusiastic adults and 15 children for a workshop to unpack the boxes and make sense of the many component parts. The children were quickly able to put the frame together under the guidance of the adults present and were then split into teams to tackle building the front and rear axles, fit the motor and steering column.

Progress on the build was so rapid that it was decided to cancel the workshop planned for the following Saturday and complete the rest of the construction process during the Monday after school sessions.

The first Monday club took place this week, during which wheels were fitted and the children were able to familiarise themselves further with the order of construction.

All the children so far have shown great enthusiasm for the project and we are all really looking forward to racing the new car alongside the older one at Goodwood towards the end of the summer term.

Thanks must go to FOBS and the Bishop’s Waltham Rotary Club for making donations towards the cost of purchasing the new kit and especially to the knowledgeable adults who have made it all possible. Mrs Hope and Mrs Peach are extremely grateful for your support!

3 Comments »

1. Hello my name is Mitchell. I like your car. It looked really fun, I wish I was there because I have never built a car. I also like how you had real parts like motors.

Mitchell — June 26, 2012 @ 3:23 am

2. Hi I’m from St Monica’s Primary School, building a car sounds pretty cool we don’t have that over here.
    I like how that you are learning all about axles, motors and other things. I know a bit about that because my brother is telling me about it. He is learning it too.

Bye Andrew 😀
    Come check out my blog at, http://andrewn2012.edublogs.org/

Andrew N — June 26, 2012 @ 3:24 am

3. I hope you have a good time

kieron — October 14, 2015 @ 2:36 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI