BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

February 10, 2012

Friday 10th February 2012 – Dynamos Football Tournament

Filed under: Football,PE @ 1:17 pm

On Tuesday 7th February the whole school braved the cold weather and participated in a fun-filled football tournament organised by Dynamos Football Club.  With matches taking place simultaneously over three pitches, the teams were able to keep track of each others progress.  As the teams were evenly matched most games were extremely close.

Congratulations to the following two teams who came out victorious after the round robin, semi final and final matches.

Lower School: SO RANDOM (Kai, Joshua, Bethany, Emily, Jack, Alfie, Georgia.)
Upper School: DYNAMITE BLUE  (Bradley, Matthew, Jack, Sophie, Chloe, Ellen, Natasha, Annalise)

A special thank you to Mr Coates-Evans (and the other Dynamo Representatives) for organising, leading and refereeing the event.   Dynamos also provided the school with a shield so the winning team-names can be engraved upon it.  The football tournament will now be scheduled in as an annual event.

(Report by Mr Campbell)

(Report by Mr Campbell)

6 Comments »

1. The football tournament was really fun although we didn’t score any goals.The best thing was playing on the field and being part of a team.

Holly — February 20, 2012 @ 10:58 am

2. The football tournament was really fun although we didn’t score many points and we didn’t wim but anyway it still was really fun I really liked playing on the pitch too and I liked being part of my team.

Katie — February 20, 2012 @ 10:59 am

3. I really liked playing in that tournament and there is some really good pictures.

Fergus — February 20, 2012 @ 11:00 am

4. Well done to all the people who won

Hollie V — February 20, 2012 @ 11:07 am

5. well done to SO RANDOM and DYNAMITE BLUE.

Lauren — February 20, 2012 @ 11:10 am

6. It was soooo fun! I really enjoyed it and the Dynamo’s football coaches were exellent of looking after the children!

Amy — February 22, 2012 @ 10:48 am

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI