BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

February 6, 2012

Monday 6th February 2012 – Team Supersports Challenge

Filed under: PE,School Trips & Visits @ 4:52 pm

Bishop’s Waltham Junior School was visited today by former Olympian Todd Bennett, and Olympic hopeful for 2012, Tom Parsons.  They visited the school to put us all through our circuit paces, a sponsored event to raise money for us to use on PE equipment.  At the end of the day, Tom Parson’s spoke to us about his experiences as a high jumper in Beijing 2008, and the hopes he has about competing again this year.

At the end of Tom’s talk, Amber from Year 6 signed the Great British flag that will presented to the GB team before the Olympics this year.  To find out more about Team Superschools, click here.

To hear more from Tom Parsons, watch the following video.

To see Tom in action, watch the video below. 

4 Comments »

1. WOW i never imajend that a human could jump that high. I wonder if he could tech me how to jump that high, i stil cant get over that he achly came to our school. I meen a rell olympic athlet WOW just WOW.

Benjamin G — February 6, 2012 @ 9:20 pm

2. I loved it when Tom parsons came in to are school it was so fun and we also got his autograph wich was amazing to.

Daisy W — February 20, 2012 @ 10:22 am

3. I really enjoyed it when Tom Parsons came to visit our school and when I took part in the circut training!

Amy P — February 20, 2012 @ 10:24 am

4. I rilley liked it when Tom Parsons came to the school. I liked it when Zak asked how high can you jump on a spot?

Bradley W — February 20, 2012 @ 10:39 am

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI