BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

January 13, 2012

Friday 13th January 2012 – Team Superschools Challenge

Filed under: PE @ 5:30 pm

During celebration assembly today the pupils got to meet a former Olympic athlete. Mr Todd Bennett achieved a silver medal in the 4 X 100m relay at the 1984 Olympic Games in Los Angeles. Todd was part of a successful Great British team, which included the likes of Kriss Akabusi. Todd was in school to talk to the pupils about an exciting event that will be taking place on the afternoon of Monday 6th February.

All pupils (and adults) will participate in a series of circuit based exercises, including press ups, sit ups and leg drives. They will also get to have an individual photograph (and a Q+A session) with Mr Tom Parsons – Great Britain’s medal hope (High Jump) at this years London 2012 Olympic Games. Tom competed at the Beijing Olympics four years ago, where he qualified for the final – finishing a respectable 8th place. He is hoping for a medal this year!

The experience promises to be a most rewarding and memorable occasion, the emphasis being on fun and enjoyment. The pupils are being asked to raise some sponsor money (only asking friends/family) – which will be shared between BWJS and Team Superschools. TSS Award Scheme provides financial assistance to pupils with high sporting ability to help them in their pursuit of excellence.

Your child(ren) will shortly be bringing home a letter and sponsor form which will have more detail included about the event. Please note – all money collected is to be handed in after the event has taken place. Thank you in advance for your support.

(Report by Mr Campbell)

6 Comments »

1. I like tom parsons because hes really athletic and because he got a gold medal

Michael — February 6, 2012 @ 10:35 am

2. I like tom parson because he has a really big big jump

Archie — February 6, 2012 @ 10:35 am

3. I’am looking forwed to see Tom Parsons. I have never seen a high jumper in ackshon and I’am looking forwed to get his signsh I can not wayt!

Bradley W — February 6, 2012 @ 10:35 am

4. i can’t wait to see Tom

Jacob — February 6, 2012 @ 10:37 am

5. I like tom parsons becuse he is a high jumper

Sam — February 6, 2012 @ 10:41 am

6. im looking forward to this because we ve never done this before.

Emily S — February 6, 2012 @ 11:17 am

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI