Friday 9th September 2011 – New Club: Eco Warriors!
The activities that the Eco Warriors do will very much depend on the children’s interests, but may include:
– Spreading messages against litter, wasting energy, little-known endangered species etc.
– Litter picking in the locality;
– Writing letters to the local council with ideas for improving bin provision or to local businesses about carrier bag use;
– Designing fabric/canvas bags to sell;
– Painting a mural for the school building to raise awareness about the environment.
We may also look into ways in which we can get the school accredited for the good work we already do with recycling and environmental education.
(Report by Mrs Milne)