BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

May 26, 2011

Thursday 26th May 2011 – Worldclass Fayre Update

Filed under: Worldclass @ 2:12 pm

The final total raised in the Worldclass Fayre was £460.54.  This truly is an amazing amount and I am immensely proud of all 45 children who took part in the Fayre.

Bishop’s Waltham Junior School are now in a position to continue sponsoring Pahali, Assan, Isatou and Amie and therefore pay for another years education for them all.  We will have £100 left over after paying the sponsorship, and this money will be for buying something nice for both our link schools.  I will leave this decision up to the Worldclass members.

Each child who took part in the Fayre will receive a certificate congratulating them on their achievement and they will also each get 10 team merits.  One team merit for each school value they used – in my opinion they used all our values.  They certainly are an OUTSTANDING group of children and a massive well done to them all.

I would like to personally thank Mrs Barclay, Mr Fickling, Mrs Macdonald, Mrs Brown, Mr & Mrs Biddle, Mrs Stubbington and Mr Newton for their help setting up the tables and helping clear away, and also Mrs Webster and Tesco for the many eggs donated to the Fayre.

Can I also take this opportunity of thanking all the parents who donated things to the Fayre and the children and adults who came and supported us by buying from the stalls, because without them it wouldn’t have been so successful.

An OUTSTANDING event for an OUTSTANDING school.

p.s. I did try and get our school another mention on the Chris Evans breakfast show!

(Report by Mrs Mars)

1 Comment »

1. Congratulations to Mrs Mars and Worldclass for another successful fayre!

Mrs Brown — May 26, 2011 @ 4:15 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI