BWJS Latest News

Latest news and postings from Bishop's Waltham Junior School.

May 25, 2011

Wednesday 25th May 2011 – 4th Annual Worldclass Fayre

Filed under: Worldclass @ 4:47 pm

Our school children are absolutely amazing and for the past two days, 45 Worldclass members have proved just how amazing they are.

Our Gambian pen friends are Pahali, Assan, Isatou and Amie.  We are hoping to raise £90 for each child and this money will be used to pay for one years education.  Assan, Pahali and Isatou (triplets) attend Abuko Lower Basic School and Amie attends Serrekunda Lower Basic School. At the Fayre we have had 16 stalls selling a range of cakes, biscuits, books, toys, DVDs, popcorn, plants, seeds, chocolate eggs,  We have also had a chocolate fountain  with strawberries, pineapple, grapes and donuts on skewers to dip in the chocolate.  There have also been competitions such as ‘Guess how many sweets in the jar’, ‘Guess the name of the Teddy’, ‘Guess the weight of  the cake’, and a raffle for MP3 players.

Here are some of the amounts we raised.
Tuesday break time – £106.54
Tuesday after school – £109.57
Wednesday break time – £128,57

I think you will all agree this is truly an OUTSTANDING amount raised in such a short time by 45 wonderful children.  They have been enthusiastic, committed and dedicated.  I am extremely proud of them all.  Also, I strongly believe each of the children upheld all our school values over the last two days: honesty, kindness, responsibility, perseverance, thinking skills, creativity, courage, participation, positive attitude and respect.  Tomorrow I will give you this final figure!

(Report by Mrs Mars)

NB – Mrs Mars and the school were mentioned on Chris Evans’ BBC Radio 2 Breakfast Show yesterday – listen here!

[audio:http://bwjunior.primaryblogger.co.uk/files/2011/05/radio2worldclass.mp3|titles=radio2worldclass]

2 Comments »

1. Congratulations to all the members of Worldclass, you all worked so hard and with so much enthusiasm and should be very proud of yourselves. I know Mrs Mars is proud of you all and I am proud of her, she always works so hard to make Worldclass such a success. Well done to you all.

Mrs Brown — May 25, 2011 @ 6:49 pm

2. I would like to say huge congratulations to each and every one of you for making this such a success. I too know just how proud Mrs Mars is of all of her Worldclass Children, you were all brilliant – well done. I would like to say a special well done to Mrs Mars, she has worked so very hard to make this possible and I know just how much her Worldclass means to her. Well done everyone.

Angela MacDonald — May 26, 2011 @ 10:17 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI