OFSTED (School Inspection) has a specific area on its website designed to allow PARENTS to give their VIEWS on their child’s school. Parent View asks for your opinion on 12 aspects of your child’s school, from the quality of teaching, to dealing with bullying and pupil behaviour.
Currently, there are only 12 comments from parents about our school. The governors and staff at Bishop’s Waltham Junior would like to make a special PLEA and ask for AS MANY of you as possible to take 5 minutes out of your schedule and complete the short online questionnaire – in order to give your views about the school. OFSTED are scheduled to return to inspect the school at some point in the autumn term so it would be great to have parents views recorded. With Y6 pupils about to embark upon their journey to secondary school, we hope that the large majority of Y6 parents will be able to record their views, too.
You can log onto the PARENTVIEW website using the following address:
Proceed by clicking on ‘GIVE YOUR VIEWS NOW’
You will then be required to register by supplying your email address.
Email addresses are only used to help prevent site misuse. Only OFSTED will have access to this information. More than one parent can log on in order to give their views.
This site is one of the first places OFSTED looks at before they visit/inspect a school. It would be wonderful if you could be pro-active and let them know how your child is getting on at Bishop’s Waltham Junior and what you think of the school.
Parents are asked to select one of the following answers in order to give their view on the areas of school listed below:
1) My child is happy at this school
2) My child feels safe at this school
3) My child makes good progress at this school
4) My child is well looked after at this school
5) My child is taught well at this school
6) My child receives appropriate homework for their age
7) This school makes sure its pupils are well behaved
8) This school deals effectively with bullying
9) This school is well led and managed
10) The school responds well to any concerns I raise
11) I receive valuable information from the school about my child’s progress
12) Would you recommend this school to another parent?
Thank you very much for your support.
Mr. D Campbell